You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-21 12:54:24

ravisghosh
Website

An opera question

I know I should have been asking this question in opera forums, but I feel more comfortable in here and I guess some friend on arch might have already pondered on this issue earlier and found a solution.

In opera at times, when you left click on a link, it opens another tab instead of opening in the same tab.  This is really annyoing. If I want to open a link in another tab, then there is middle click and I can use it whenever I need. One way that I found is to right click on the link and click "open." This makes the page open in the same tab but its a work around not a solution. Can someone suggest a better solution?

#2 2007-07-21 13:16:30

grizz
Website

Re: An opera question

Change your mouse configure in opera's options
If it does'nt works delete your ~/.opera folder.

http://galeria.firlej.org 
Voiceless it cries,Wingless flutters,Toothless bites,Mouthless mutters.
http://grizz.pl

#3 2007-07-21 16:38:11

skymt

Probably what's happening is that the site wants to open each link in a new window, and you have Opera configured to open links in new tabs instead of windows. I don't think there's actually anything you can do, other than telling Opera to open them in windows (Preferences > Advanced > Tabs > Open windows instead of tabs) or right-clicking like you have been.

#4 2007-07-21 17:46:03

whompus

Is reuse current tab selcted?  Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Tabs -> reuse current tab

#5 2007-07-21 18:17:01

ravisghosh
Website

@skymt, u r right and I am aware of that thing. What I meant is that how to force the site to open link in the same tab or window. Firefox earlier had such an option, probably in version 1.5, but I could not find that now. I have heard that there is an hidden option in opera for the same.

#6 2007-07-21 18:25:43

skymt

I think I've found the solution: a user script. Opera supports Greasemonkey-style user Javascript, so just follow these instructions to install this script which is designed for exactly this problem. I've taken a look at the source; it's safe and fairly well-written.

Board footer