You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-19 05:26:59

Ryujin
Forum Fellow
Website

Clusterit - not sure where to start

I was trying to make a cluster in Arch and all I came across was clusterit, it looks like a great little program for running a simple cluster but I jut don't know where to start, I have 6 Arch Computers and I just want to start putting them all to work, together!

Dose anyone know how to set up clusterit, or any other Arch compatible cluster options out there?  I am very open to ideas!

#2 2007-01-22 15:26:56

Ryujin
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Clusterit - not sure where to start

OK, so I am building a cluster out of my 8 home computers with Arch and using clusterit.  I went out and got the oriely book "Linux Clusters" so I would know what I was doing I have started by moving some hardware around so that the main system is loaded with hard drive space and has 2 NICs so it takes the input from my cable modem and runs as a dhcp server, also I set up raid with 3 hard drives and set up nfs on the nodes.  I am still getting all of the services set up ssh, vnc, clusterit etc.  When I am done I will post a howto on the wiki, I think I know how to get clusterit working, I am just not quite there yet though! 

Has anyone else build an Arch cluster?  Any input would be helpfull!

#3 2007-07-18 15:29:49

DeltaXFX

Hey this sounds really interesting, have you made any further progress?

The Internet...? Is that thing still around?

#4 2007-07-27 15:04:08

msmiley

I have an Arch cluster also, I was going to try to use ClusterIt, but haven't found much documntation.

Ryujin, any progress on a Wiki article? It would be immensely helpful.

Board footer