You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-14 10:24:51

Slychilde

Broadcom wireless died after update

I just did a system update a little bit ago and upon rebooting my wireless wouldn't work.  It's a Broadcom 4311 internal card on my laptop.  It worked fine before the update, and I used the bcm43xx-fwcutter method from the Arch Wireless wiki tutorial to get it set up.  It's been working since I installed Arch, which was right after Voodoo was released, so almost 6 months.

I tried to do:
rmmod bcm43xx
and then reinstall through fwcutter, but that did nothing.  The weird thing is, I can iwlist eth1 scanning and it shows my wireless connection available. iwconfig eth1 essid "myConnection" mode Managed doesn't help, either, it just accepts it and does nothing.  I know my wireless/internet is working still because my girlfriend's connected to it wirelessly.  It's also working fine on my big pc and on the ethernet port on my laptop.

I haven't changed anything in my rc.conf or network profile that would make it stop working:

# /etc/rc.conf - Main Configuration for Arch Linux
#
LOCALE="en_US.utf8"
HARDWARECLOCK="localtime"
TIMEZONE="Canada/Pacific"
KEYMAP="us"
CONSOLEFONT=
CONSOLEMAP=
USECOLOR="yes"

MOD_AUTOLOAD="yes"

MOD_BLACKLIST=(pcspkr ipv6 sd_mod sr_mod)

MODULES=(b44 mii speedstep_centrino fglrx bcm43xx ac battery button fan sbs video) 

USELVM="no"

HOSTNAME="slaptop"

lo="lo 127.0.0.1"
#eth0="dhcp"
#eth1="dhcp"
INTERFACES=(lo)
NET_PROFILES=(ethernet linksys bitey)

gateway="default gw 192.168.0.1"
ROUTES=(!gateway)

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network netfs @crond alsa fam @kdm hal @cpufreq @acpid @powersaved @samba @keytouch)

# End of file

network profile

DESCRIPTION="Wireless"

# Network Settings
INTERFACE=eth1
HOSTNAME=slaptop

# Interface Settings (use IFOPTS="dhcp" for DHCP)
IFOPTS="dhcp"

# Wireless Settings (optional)
ESSID=linksys
#KEY=
IWOPTS="mode managed essid $ESSID"

I suspect the the update from Dhcpd or the new kernel 2.6.22 to be suspect.  What can I do to fix this, and has anyone else had the same problem? http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=36115  This looks like it may be the same problem, or something similar.

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 2007-08-16 20:09:00

Slychilde

Re: Broadcom wireless died after update

Bump, still broken.  Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

#3 2007-08-17 09:14:13

test1000

Re: Broadcom wireless died after update

after some updates a while ago i have had to use wifi-radar with 'Ifup required' option in preferences ON. or else it wouldn't connect...

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

Board footer