You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-15 13:44:45

jeremiah.batac

Tripwire newbie.

I was mainly using RedHat AS and ES until I moved to another company which is extensively Arch Linux based and now I'm forced to learn the new OS and get oriented. Definitely not allot of different from RedHat. I need help setting up tripwire on all the servers all throughout the company. After days of research and trial and testing I decided to get some help. So far here's the list the that I've accomplished.

1. Downloaded and Installed tripwire using pacman
2. Changed install.cfg to map the correct directories for installation and default editor.
3. I was able to get to the part where it will ask for a passphrase and it sits there... left it overnight and came back still sitting on "Generating Key (this may take several minutes):

That's where I'm at... any help will be much appreciated.

thanks.
jeremiah.batac

#2 2007-10-15 18:39:13

hungsonbk
Website

Re: Tripwire newbie.

I got exactly this problem before and i have solved it, but i i might forget the way to solve it. As i remember, you need to download the tripwire source code, compile and install it, then the problem will be solved. Let me know if i remember it correct or not:D:D:D:D

PS:  as i remember, with Arch Linux, when installing from source code, the configuration file is at /usr/local/etc/twpol.txt, not at /etc/tripwire. After compile and install, you can follow the following guide:
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/117563/49/

Cheers

Last edited by hungsonbk (2007-10-15 18:43:17)

Board footer