You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-19 01:40:53

mrunion
Website

Works with netcfg, but not with Wicd...

Here's one I can't figure out...

I use wicd to "assist" me in my network connections.  Life is good, yada yada.  I went to it because everything else was failing to connect to an Apple Airport Extreme using WPA/WPA2.  (BTW, I NEVER got connected to that thing and found out it's actually something to do with the Airport Extreme itself!)  Anyway, I've just not went back to the "network profiles" way of doing things yet.

Odd thing is I CAN connect to the "alternate" wireless access point at work using wicd.  It uses WEP and connects fine.  At home my wireless network is "open" with no security.  Wicd CANNOT connect to that thing!  It "says" it got an IP address (and it IS one of my home private addresses) but no traffic is passed.  I can;t ping or anything.  No errors either.  If I use netcfg at home it connects fine.  any clues?  Most I'm just curious.

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#2 2007-11-07 23:24:44

iggy

Re: Works with netcfg, but not with Wicd...

hey hello!

i have a similar problem. i can connect with wicd (get an ip and so on), but no traffic is passed (no ping...). i have no idea what it is. when i connect with the netcfg tool, i can browse the internet.

mfg iggy

sorry for my bad english smile

#3 2007-11-08 00:31:49

kumico
Website

Re: Works with netcfg, but not with Wicd...

check your /etc/resolv.conf

Board footer