You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-15 16:09:22

lord_zlayer

82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Hi there!

Got my new rig today and im having problem getting my network card to work
and i got an "Intel 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection" wich is a fairly new one i think.
According to this page "http://hardware4linux.info/component/26783/" the card should
work with the e1000 module but i cant get it to work. the module is loading but the
ifconfig only displays the "lo" output not the "eth0". I also installed Arch from their
latest release on the homepage that includes the 2.6.22 kernel.
Now im stuck, with no internet and I dont know what to do.
Any advice?

/Thx for all help I can get

#2 2008-01-15 16:57:41

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection

A similar problem is reported on this post about Intel ICH9 module:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … 19#p317519

I note that all the modules involved have assignments that differ from the ethernet items: a.b.c.d.e.

The gigabit eth0 probably requires a delimiter to prevent the highest speed from being enabled.

Don't have a gigabit device in my system,  Googling the net may help finding the key to the setup.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#3 2008-01-15 19:12:09

lord_zlayer

Re: 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Thx for your reply. Ive already checked that post and I have searched the hell out of google for a sulotion but the only thing i can come up to is that my net card is to new and it is not fully supported. My old rig also had a Intel Gigabit and that one worked perfectly. I really thought that this one should too but not. Guess i have to wait with arch and stick with my shitty vista sad
Anyone else knowns something about this problem you are more than welcome!

Board footer