You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-01 16:36:24

T-u-N-i-X
Website

I'm desperate about WiFi....... :(

There has been maybe 1 week since I had to use cable to connect to internet.... I first thought that it was the unstableness of testing repository, so I downgraded to kernel 2.6.23, reinstalled iwlwifi and other stuff with no luck.... Then I change iwlwifi to ipw3945 which resulted as no luck again.... I tried using netcfg2 scripts, I also tried existing netcfg profiles..... I've tried NetworkManager with almost 100000000 times..... again WITH NO LUCK..

I have

07:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 135c
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
        Region 0: Memory at f4100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

on my HP dv2580et laptop computer. What I get is DHCP timeouts.. If I try static IP, then I still have no connection..... It used to work at the office but it also doesn't work right now.. Today I wasn't able to any work the whole day......

I manually write:

sudo iwconfig wlan0 essid XXXX key XXXXXX

and then dhcpcd wlan0... It worked for now but I'm expecting some disconnects in at most 1 hour... Then I'm trapped to the cable again.....

I'm really desperate about the wifi connection.....

Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet?

#2 2008-02-01 19:33:28

floke

Re: I'm desperate about WiFi....... :(

Don't know if this helps - but am using ipw3945 fine
Have you got the wifi set up in your rc.conf?

Mine looks like:

lo="lo 127.0.0.1"
eth1="dhcp"
wlan_eth1="eth1 essid [nameofessid]"
wlan_eth1="eth1 essid [nameofessid] key [myessidkey]"
WLAN_INTERFACES=(eth1)

And you do have the ipw3945d in your daemons array, right? (had to ask)

And what does iwconfig show you?

And network manager is crap - always grab wifi-radar as one of the first things to install!

#3 2008-02-01 22:01:12

T-u-N-i-X
Website

Re: I'm desperate about WiFi....... :(

thanks for your help....

it turns out that my wifi card has some problems..... i'm planning to leave my laptop to the service but the service sucks in here.. sad it takes generally (nearly) a month to get it back.... (they have a legal 1 month of time and they use it all)

i'm really pissed off because of this problem... sad

Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet?

Board footer