You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-29 01:44:30

kilolima
Website

KnetworkManager crashes after startup on mouseover

Hi,

I saw a few other posts on this forum about this issue from several months ago, but no solutions.  I am on a x64 bit system, with kdemod installed.  Knetworkmanager worked fine right after I installed it, but after a reboot it crashes as soon as I do a mouseover.  In the console it complains about dbus erros but the dbus daemon is in fact running.

Installing netcfg2 is not a solution.  I've done that before and I'd rather have a nice auto gui like in windows.

Any suggestions?  If I need to install knetworkmanager from SVN how do I do that?

cheers,

kilolima

#2 2008-04-29 02:21:14

hacosta

Re: KnetworkManager crashes after startup on mouseover

are you part of the network group?

knetworkmanager from svn is in aur.

#3 2008-04-29 09:04:38

kilolima
Website

Hey Hacosta,

Thanks for the heads up.  Trying to install knetworkmanager from AUR is frustrating dependency hell.... it needs freetype2, I replaced that with freetype2-cleartype, trying to uninstall that leaves deps on ffmpeg and fluxbox, and so on and so on... wasn't this the reason I left Fedora and it's rpm hell behind?!

Maybe it will be easier after all to use netcfg2.

#4 2008-04-29 12:39:00

hacosta

well freetype2-cleartype should provide freetype2, perhaps there's a version mismatch on the provide section, anyway, i didn't think knetworkmanager-svn would've solved your issue as i have knetworkmanager(not svn) and it works just fine, you're better off using netcfg2 for now and filling a bug report.

Board footer