You are not logged in.

#26 2008-06-08 17:38:48

Zepp
Website

Re: What programs to use??

Stythys wrote:

gnome-terminal/konsole are the two fastest terminals anyway, so no problem there.

neutral

#27 2008-06-08 17:52:35

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

elliott wrote:
Misfit138 wrote:
elliott wrote:

I just use Handbrake to rip and DeVeDe to burn DVD's, never needed much else.

DeVeDe doesn't burn DVD's............?

I should have worded that differently, I use it to create them, I of course use cdrecord to burn them.

I see. Well, my point is that it would be nice if there were a swiss army knife for DVD's. Handbrake, DeVeDe and wodim...that's 3 programs to copy 1 DVD.
I've been doing it the way you do it for years, I just wish I could simplify by unifying the three programs into a nice app that will decrypt, rip and burn...it could even call these existing apps to do so.

#28 2008-06-08 18:20:44

X/ax
Website

Misfit138 wrote:
elliott wrote:
Misfit138 wrote:

DeVeDe doesn't burn DVD's............?

I should have worded that differently, I use it to create them, I of course use cdrecord to burn them.

I see. Well, my point is that it would be nice if there were a swiss army knife for DVD's. Handbrake, DeVeDe and wodim...that's 3 programs to copy 1 DVD.
I've been doing it the way you do it for years, I just wish I could simplify by unifying the three programs into a nice app that will decrypt, rip and burn...it could even call these existing apps to do so.

I don't really know for sure, but does k3b not support that?

My coding blog (or an attempt at it)
Archer start page (or an attempt at it)

Board footer