You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-26 18:13:00

roeleman

claws mail - hide 'mail folder' in home directory

Hello,

does anybody know if you can hide the 'mail folder' in your home directory.  I already searched in the config files but I don't find something.

Regards,
Roel

#2 2008-07-02 12:56:22

fede

Re: claws mail - hide 'mail folder' in home directory

It is possible from the startup wizard, when creating the first account, in the last step it asks where to store mail or something similar: use a hidden directory name (i.e. '.mail' or .something).

Funny I couldn't find the option anywhere else, shouldn't it be somewhere?

Anyway, if you just delete your .claws-mail directory, you should be able to follow the startup wizard again (losing all your settings in the process) and specify a hidden directory. Or better, move .claws-mail somewhere else, follow the startup wizard and then compare the resulting files & edit by hand to recover lost settings.

I tried editing the mail dirs locations in the account config file but it seems to have no efect and they are overwritten by claws when accepting the account config preferences. So they must be somewhere else...

#3 2008-07-02 20:20:04

roeleman

Thank You for the reply.  I found out you better name the hidden directory where You want to store it .mail/mailboxname thenit is stored in a hidden directory and you have a normal mailbox name.  If you just name it .mail then your mailbox name will be .mail -> stupid of course.  hmm
If you chose for example .mail/gmail then your mailbox name will be gmail smile

Try it out and You will find out.  To try it out, You don't have to delete everything as suggeted in previous mail.  Just go to 'file -> add mailbox' and type in the pop-up box the desired folder (mailbox name), for example: .mail/yourdesiredmailboxname

Regards Roel

To fede: thanks again for the tip! smile

Last edited by roeleman (2008-07-02 20:20:52)

#4 2008-07-03 19:10:39

fede

Hi Roel,

You're welcome. Your description of the folder creation process is right; and indeed it is much easier to create a mailbox. I hadn't even seen that option. Regards,

Fede.

Last edited by fede (2008-07-03 19:15:29)

Board footer