You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-09 00:23:15

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

[SOLVED]Labelling Fluxbox separators

Is there a way to label the separators in Fluxbox, like there is in Openbox?

I tried putting in a name for one of the separators...but that didn't work sad

Last edited by Inxsible (2008-07-09 22:07:29)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#2 2008-07-09 22:07:15

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED]Labelling Fluxbox separators

I guess this cannot be done. The best you can do is use

[nop] (label)

which will ghost that entry. But this was not what I was looking for.

In any case...I am marking this solved...for lack of a solution smile

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2008-07-09 22:29:30

moljac024

How about

[nop]
[nop] (label)
[nop]

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#4 2008-07-09 23:10:10

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

moljac024 wrote:

How about

[nop]
[nop] (label)
[nop]

The trouble is that it elongates the menu unnecessarily. Secondly, it puts empty spacing which looks weird. Finally, it also looks like just another menu entry as opposed to a title or heading, if you know what I mean.

Thanks anyway.

I am resorting to using fluxbox without separator labels unlike Openbox smile

Forum Rules

#5 2008-07-10 00:18:50

moljac024

Hope you don't mind me asking but why did you switch from openbox to fluxbox ? Usually it's the other way around wink

Last edited by moljac024 (2008-07-10 00:19:12)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#6 2008-07-10 01:45:22

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

moljac024 wrote:

Hope you don't mind me asking but why did you switch from openbox to fluxbox ? Usually it's the other way around wink

Oh I haven't switched....I always used Fluxbox on my Debian install.

my Arch still has Openbox on it. You see, after using Openbox...I kinda got the idea of labeling the separators. Until I used Openbox...it had not bothered me wink

I intend to continue to use Openbox on Arch.

Arch is slowly becoming my primary OS....but I also like Debian which I plan to have on my older machine and I would like to use a different WM on it.

Last edited by Inxsible (2008-07-10 01:45:52)

Forum Rules

#7 2008-07-17 10:54:57

mojoman

I hope I might be forgiven for popping in a slightly OT-question but seeing that you too use Debian and Fluxbox you might know the answer to this one. Debian has its wonderful menu which can be added to the fluxbox menu. Is there anything similar in Arch?

Sorry for going a bit OT...
/mojoman

Put your ad here! Only €10/month!

#8 2008-07-17 21:04:35

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

mojoman wrote:

I hope I might be forgiven for popping in a slightly OT-question but seeing that you too use Debian and Fluxbox you might know the answer to this one. Debian has its wonderful menu which can be added to the fluxbox menu. Is there anything similar in Arch?

/mojoman

Not that I know of. Honestly, I have never been a big fan of the Debian menu. I never liked the way it arranged things in my menu. The one good thing about it is, that it scans the system and makes entries for all the apps.

I use that and then create a menu - the way I like it.

Forum Rules

#9 2008-07-18 12:27:21

mojoman

Inxsible wrote:
mojoman wrote:

/mojoman

Not that I know of. Honestly, I have never been a big fan of the Debian menu. I never liked the way it arranged things in my menu. The one good thing about it is, that it scans the system and makes entries for all the apps.

I use that and then create a menu - the way I like it.

I too create my own menu. Always. Usually I put the apps I regularly use in the root of the menu, a couple of submenus with media, net and office stuff I use fairly often. Then I have the fluxbox and debian menus as submenus too and I top it of with a submenu for quit/shutdown alternatives. It gives a good combination of having easy access to the stuff I use often or fairly often but also gives have access to all the stuff that's installed and only use rarely (and that you might not even know you had installed...).

Thanks anyway, I'll see what I might come up with.

Put your ad here! Only €10/month!

Board footer