You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-22 13:35:21

mrbug

IP Blocker

Since the latest version of MoBlock is now two years old (although the moblock-deb people seem to be updating it), what is the best IP blocking program out there?

Actually, I should ask the real question: What is the best automatic blocklist-to-iptables-rules program? I've searched through the AUR, but I only seem to be able to find MoBlock and some frontends for it.

MoBlock and some other netfilter-related programs no longer compile correctly on a system that's been around for a while. I've been able to compile libnetfilter_queue on new installs, but not my 1.5 year old system. As someone said in the comments on the MoBlock AUR page, there is a problem with the declarations of "INT_MIN" and "INT_MAX" during the compilation.

I really like the ability to be able to block any addresses that are known to be malicious, and my system is currently blocker-less because I am unable to compile MoBlock....

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

#2 2008-07-23 09:19:17

mrbug

Re: IP Blocker

Well, I found iplist in the AUR. It does the same thing as moblock, but it has been updated more recently.

However, it's still a victim of the problem with netfilter_ipv4.h where a few variables and/or functions have seemingly not been defined.

I was planning to adopt that package, but I won't until the netfilter_ipv4.h problem (that also affects MoBlock) has been fixed....

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

Board footer