You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-05 11:27:02

bwh1969

last.fm client is compiled incorrectly for me?

I am using FaunOS Shadow (live arch distribution),

Upon installing via pactrac and launching last.fm; the following error occurs:

Couldn't load radio service 'httpinput'. The radio will not work.

I tried a modification of this post since the error seemed to have a similar possible cause:

http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/365911

In terminal, superuser mode:

I created a directory in /usr/lib/ called last.fm

mkdir /usr/lib/last.fm

then tried to link it

replacing what comes after ln with /opt/last.fm/* /usr/lib/last.fm/

and I got a bunch of junk saying I can't create hard links in that directory.

I opened the file manager in superuser mode in two instances and dragged and drpped a "link here" and that worked; however, I still get the error.

#2 2008-08-05 16:23:47

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: last.fm client is compiled incorrectly for me?

This sounds more like a FaunOS issue. What is pactrac?

#3 2008-08-05 17:13:59

bwh1969

Re: last.fm client is compiled incorrectly for me?

It is a frontend for pacman... kind of like Synaptic is to apt for Debian systems.  I have no doubt it is an issue on the end of the FaunOS installer not loading a dependency, but was looking for whatever help I could get since it is based on Arch. 

Sounds like I don't have time to figure out what it is: perhaps someone else knows what it is.  I was just trying out FaunOS.  It is a neat idea, but I always find that merged-live systems never quite work out the way they promise... knoppix, slax, etc.  I had found that DanmSmallLinux despite it's limitations in size as a distro, always managed to save and restore properly and quickly.  Amarok plays lastfm streams but they included the previous version were some things don't work properly.  I tried a live upgrade but the lastfm stream with that, if it stops, it won't restart unless the system is rebooted.

Reasons for all this: I am running off of a cheap SSD usb laptop drive and the write times are sometimes very slow: systems that load to RAM seem very nice in thought.  FaunOS seems to have the biggest bang for it's buck as far as size and included software.

Last edited by bwh1969 (2008-08-05 17:23:33)

Board footer