You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-12 05:40:40

lehm

fluxbox init gets corrupted

Hi,

I was trying to edit the keys, and it's not working
so I figure I have to restart fb everytime I make changes.
I just found out about fluxkeys, so I run it instead and edit keybinding from there,
made some changes click save, but after I restarted fluxbox, the main menu doesn't work no more. I can't even
select any window. Only the right click on the toolbar works but I can't select an item using mouse.
I uninstalled/reinstall fb and still the same, until I deleted the init on ~/.fluxbox.

It happens 3 times.
What could have been the cause? I suspect it's fluxkeys' fault, but I'm a noobie so it's just a guess.

btw, system setup is current.

#2 2008-08-12 06:17:17

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: fluxbox init gets corrupted

lehm wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to edit the keys, and it's not working
so I figure I have to restart fb everytime I make changes.
I just found out about fluxkeys, so I run it instead and edit keybinding from there,
made some changes click save, but after I restarted fluxbox, the main menu doesn't work no more. I can't even
select any window. Only the right click on the toolbar works but I can't select an item using mouse.
I uninstalled/reinstall fb and still the same, until I deleted the init on ~/.fluxbox.

It happens 3 times.
What could have been the cause? I suspect it's fluxkeys' fault, but I'm a noobie so it's just a guess.

btw, system setup is current.

The fluxkeys program is not one of the best ones developed out there and it seems to have a lot of problems. Your best bet would be to use your favorite text editor and manually edit the keys, menus and startup files for Fluxbox

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2008-08-12 12:58:52

lehm

Re: fluxbox init gets corrupted

yes, that seems to the best thing to do wink

thnx.

Board footer