You are not logged in.

#226 2008-08-06 21:10:42

LTSmash
Website

Re: On the road to KDE 4.1

z0phi3l wrote:
LTSmash wrote:

Instead of complaining that it's "broken" tell us what is wrong and those of us running KDE4 without any problems can help you fix it.

LTSmash wrote:

Guess I'll install xfce4 in the meanwhile this gets fixed. I made a bug report:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?do= … k_id=11136

wink

You're going to most likely need to delete the old.kde folder and let kde recreate it, the new desktop doesn't use the old settings and it seems to be causing a conflict.

I don't wanna be unpolite, but did you really read my posts?

I mean, I already said that I did that, and not only that, but I also made a new empty user and I'm having just the same problems... please don't try to help if you can't read all what i have already done.

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

#227 2008-08-07 14:45:18

mancino

my experience about kde 4.1
my first look was very bad,  for this reason i did remove kde and substitute with gnome on my job pc, but i use on my laptop, kde 4.1 is a wonderful idea, but immature, little problems with sound , new system plasma, but iit's normal with new release.
confidence in the developers and like all really linux users (maybe kubuntu???) use wm like fluxbox or others
bye mancino  smile

#228 2008-08-08 02:08:08

Snarkout

@LTSmash

FWIW, kdemod3 is very nice and was more or less painless to move to - do block out an afternoon/evening to get all the way back up to speed, though.  I notice you say that you've moved to XFCE in the meanwhile and have deleted your .kde directory (hopefully you have a backup) but kdemod3 is a very good and viable option.  Most of the packages that aren't in the repo are on the AUR.

Anyhow, like I said, this is only FWIW, but I've moved to kdemod3 on my mainbox and am very pleased with the results.  I imagine most kde users would be, assuming they can stand some patching rather than 100% vanilla.

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein

#229 2008-08-10 00:56:25

nirvanix

I'm liking kde 4.1 more every day, after the last up date and doing some tweaking. I think 4.2 is going to be great. There are still a bunch of quirky little bugs with sound, plasmoids, menu.

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...

#230 2008-08-28 11:38:17

saneone

I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death

Board footer