You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-29 03:02:06

yvonney

[SOLVED] freeNX 0.7.3 - new version-thinking I'll have better luck

18.08.2008 FreeNX 0.7.3 "Priscilla One Year Edition"

very interested to see if this version makes my ssh/nx attempts more functional.

Had it all working last week though the internet login wasn't working or stopped working. not sure really, I could have sworn I had everything at least weorking..
THEN I reinstalled the whole drive as I was interested to see if i could get a clean install of ssh and nx and understand them better... it's not quite worked out today though it's been interesting....  need arch specific tips.... been over to berlios.de though no luck yet.

OBJECTIVE: to find out the tips and tricks for getting both lan and internet access to my freeNX server box. Right now the problem seems to be that I'm using a public key and even though I've been over at berlios.de site I can't figure out what to do to get the private key to work. I think it's gotten confused (as much as me!) when I INITIALLY did the USE DEFAULT KEY command (on my clean install)         and THEN I tried the Generate random keys command.  hmmmmm..... Now I get:

- Connected to address: 192.168.1.103 on port: 22
- Authenticating user: nx
- Using auth method: publickey
- Authentication failed.

So.... it's the private key I wanna use right?

Must be a setting in the sshd   or nx somewhere?

or a bug that I've hit 'cause of using the string for uie the default key that is provided by NoMachine with all clients:

/opt/NX/bin/nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge

And then after that didn't work for me I went and did the Recreation of random keys:

* /opt/NX/bin/nxsetup --install --clean --purge

Tips and Tricks GREATLY appreciated....

Last edited by yvonney (2008-08-29 05:41:54)

#2 2008-08-29 05:41:22

yvonney

Re: [SOLVED] freeNX 0.7.3 - new version-thinking I'll have better luck

got it working.....

um, again........

basically -Rcs  openssh and freenx (for the 3rd time hehehe)   do nothing... copy the key to client and voila......

funny how this happens nicely when a person gets a bettter understanding through studying......

Still interested in tips and that new version..... should be great!

18.08.2008 FreeNX 0.7.3 "Priscilla One Year Edition"

Board footer