You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-30 14:49:39

semperfiguy

Pacman with authentication.

Hi, Just got to college and I started messing around with the network, trying to get connected and everything.  And I've run into a problem. I can't do anything with pacman!  I can't get any new packages or get updates, which really shoots arch in the foot.   

The network is WPA encrypted and then authenticated through iprism.  I can connect to the Web fine, because I can authenticate with firefox.  But How can I get pacman to work? 

Any help on this? If you need anymore information just ask.

#2 2008-08-30 23:45:57

Ruckus

Re: Pacman with authentication.

If you can get an SSH connection, you can tunnel all of your traffic through it. Now, getting the actual SSH connection can be difficult as you have to find an unblocked port. Your best bet is to try port 443 which is the HTTPS port, they can't run any type of transparent caching on HTTPS, so it should be pretty much un-touched.

Now I have no experience with this iPrisim thing though. Use something like nmap to find any unblocked ports to try connecting through. And to do this you will need to be able to configure the SSH server to listen on the port you do find open.

Board footer