You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-25 12:46:33

vytalelementz

Disabling epsv for vsftpd [SOLVED]

I have a very minor but annoying inconvenience. After successfully ftping, using vsftpd, to my machine from a remote location and typing the command 'ls' I receive this message:

229 Entering Extended Passive Mode

then it just hangs and does nothing. I have done some research on the web and found out that typing 'epsv' before inputting any commands disables extended passive mode and I am able to use all commands successfully. Is there a way to disable this through a config file? Can this be done on the server side or does it have to be done on the client end? I have searched all config files for vsftpd and xinetd with no success, unless I have overlooked something.

Last edited by vytalelementz (2008-09-05 16:42:32)

Best Regards,

The Vytalone

#2 2008-07-29 19:27:40

vytalelementz

Re: Disabling epsv for vsftpd [SOLVED]

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

The Vytalone

#3 2008-08-03 17:22:45

jealma

Please look at these configuration options in the vsftpd configuration file. All have to do with PASV.
http://vsftpd.beasts.org/vsftpd_conf.html

pasv_enable
Set to NO if you want to disallow the PASV method of obtaining a data connection.

Default: YES
pasv_promiscuous
Set to YES if you want to disable the PASV security check that ensures the data connection originates from the same IP address as the control connection. Only enable if you know what you are doing! The only legitimate use for this is in some form of secure tunnelling scheme, or perhaps to facilitate FXP support.

Default: NO

pasv_max_port
The maximum port to allocate for PASV style data connections. Can be used to specify a narrow port range to assist firewalling.

Default: 0 (use any port)
pasv_min_port
The minimum port to allocate for PASV style data connections. Can be used to specify a narrow port range to assist firewalling.

Default: 0 (use any port)

pasv_address
Use this option to override the IP address that vsftpd will advertise in response to the PASV command. Provide a numeric IP address.

Default: (none - the address is taken from the incoming connected socket)

#4 2008-09-05 16:42:08

vytalelementz

Sorry for the delay in my response, but thank you for the info.

Best Regards,

The Vytalone

Board footer