You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-22 17:36:04

Top_se

[SOLVED] iwlist scan -> can`t see my network anymore

Hello!

I`ve got a strange problem, since yesterday it`s just not possible to connect to my wireless network anymore. Till than everything went perfect with netcfg2.
The strange thing is, I even can`t see my network with the help of iwlist scan though I know my network is available (with good quality (I`m near to the router)) because I can connect and see the network with windows, which I can run on the laptop either.

Could it be possible that I can`t see the network with iwlist scan because the encryption of the network changed from wpa to wpa2?
Could there be any other reason? I just can`t think about anything.

The last thing I did was installing a tool to control the freqenz of my cpu, but I just removed it again in order to see whether this caused my problem, but it didn`t ...

As well I changed SCAN=yes to SCAN=no in my netcfg2-profile, but it didn`t help ...

I would be happy if you could give me a clou about what could have changed so that I can`t see (and so connect) to my network anymore.

ah and I forgot, I still CAN see the wireless networks of my neightbors with iwlist scan, so the driver for my wifi-card seems not to be broken ...

thx

Last edited by Top_se (2008-09-23 06:35:19)

#2 2008-09-22 17:37:55

Denacke

Re: [SOLVED] iwlist scan -> can`t see my network anymore

Might be a bit silly, but I know it tricked me for a while: If it's a laptop make sure the hardware siwtch isn't turned off (at mine it's fn+f2 key combination to toggle it on/off)

#3 2008-09-22 17:51:27

Top_se

hehe, yeah kind of these answers I waited for, thx!

But unfortunatly my wifi-card must be turned on because I can see the networks of my neightbors ...

#4 2008-09-22 19:04:46

Black Mage

i have a similiar post here, i have the exact same problem and i think (almost sure) it has something to do with
wpa_supplicant.

i to swiched to wpa2 but i didn try wpa1.

my laptop is latidute c400
the card is
02:03.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection (rev 05)

the drivers is ipw2200
wpa_supplicant is used with wext

heres my post:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=55441

#5 2008-09-23 06:31:53

Top_se

@ BlackMagic, yeah, your problem seems similar ... I hope you can find a solution!

I`m personaly just more confused than before, because now after getting up I could see my network just perfect again and so connecting to it was no problem ...
And I`m sure I`ve changed nothing except if I had done sth unconciously while sleeping big_smile

so, thx till now

Board footer