You are not logged in.

#51 2008-10-04 00:56:27

ravisghosh
Website

Re: KDEMOD4 and now KDE crashes after logging in, no solution yet.

updated kdemod to the latest adn still stuck with the same issuess. .... sad

#52 2008-10-11 11:45:01

kensai
Website

Well, it has not been easy to get why it is happening, but if you don't use testing you are alright, at least in my case, using kdemod without testing worked fine. So I did the test, lets just upgrade xorg-server from testing, and gotcha, there is the problem xorg-server 1.5.x make kde crash in my hardware, I am guessing it is an nvidia problem, since nv or vesa worked fine, but well, not for long, they started crashing as well after some logins. Is a werid problem.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#53 2008-10-12 20:36:04

mandog

I've been playing with kmod4 and I experienced similar problem at the login screen, I found when I installed a program it changed qtmod to qt. so I uninstalled  qt and installed qtmod and all was well again for me also the program that I installed worked as well I don't know if this will help anybody.

I'm dyslexic Please do not complain about puntuation or spelling and remember most dyslexic people have above average iq.

#54 2008-10-12 23:49:16

ravisghosh
Website

trouble seems to be in xorg-server 1.4 too since I dont use testing and still facing the same issue without nvidia.

I dont have qt installed neither I was able to install qt since it conflicts with qtmod and falls into dependency traps.

#55 2008-10-13 00:04:37

kensai
Website

ravisghosh wrote:

trouble seems to be in xorg-server 1.4 too since I dont use testing and still facing the same issue without nvidia.

Strange, with xorg-server 1.4.x it works perfectly in my system, is only upgrading to 1.5.x that gives problems, well, this is being a hard to debug problem.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#56 2008-10-13 09:48:42

mandog

Since my last post I have done a clean install on another machine using kde4 from the repro, I use Nvidia graphics on both machines, I also use GDM not KDM as I get permission problems using the terminal with KDM. I don't use testing and don't mix kmod4 with KDE4, I have kmod4 on one machine KDE4 on the other. I do not have the login problem on either machine. the only problem I have is with open office themes and unless another program is open under it when I close office it kills plasma. Other distros have had similar Login problelms with 2.6.27 kernal with a bug after they fixed the bug this was the result.As i said in the first post the only time I got the Login problem was by mixing kmod and kde.

I'm dyslexic Please do not complain about puntuation or spelling and remember most dyslexic people have above average iq.

#57 2008-10-13 23:23:59

ravisghosh
Website

I'm having only kdemod and not kde. I did try installing kde to check whether I had same problem with kde which I did have. but then I removed kde and installed kdemod again and still had the same issue. So, I suppose there is no mix of kde and kdemod. But amarok do require kdelibs3 and does not work on kdemodlibs, but I have tried without amarok and kdelibs3 with no help.

Board footer