You are not logged in.

#1 2003-06-29 16:20:46

jason

divx4linux/firebird complains about libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Both 'divx4linux' (from current packages) and 'firebird' (firebird was a binary package from the mozilla webpage) both complain about libstdc++-libc6.6-2.so.3.  I was wondering if there's any fix for this yet?  I tried to recompile divx4linux, however it only comes in binary form, even from their website.

I'm attempting to use transcode, I get this error message:

[export_divx4.so] libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Trying Mozilla Firebird I get this:
./MozillaFirebird-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked around in this forum, and I attemped to make a symlink to another libstdc++, libstdc++.so.5.0.4, however it then complains about not having a symbol, which I expected since both of the applications were compiled against a newer version of libstdc++.

'nm -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.4 | grep -i gcc' presents data that looks like it's GCC 3.3 that's compiled, as does 'pacman -Q gcc' produces "gcc 3.3-1" which i believe is the newest one (pacman -Syu does not return any new packages.)

So, any clue what to do now?

#2 2003-06-29 17:00:31

dariball
Website

Re: divx4linux/firebird complains about libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

this often happens with binary packages, this is beacause they are built in a different enviroment as u are work on...
maybe suse,redhat mandrake or so ...

best would be to recompile...

for mozilla firebird does a source package exist....  ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/incoming/firebird-0.6-3.tar.gz ... i built it, i should work fine even if u not recompile it ....

for divx4linux it will be a bit harder, because there is no source as far as i know, maybe anyone who used it has a idea about it because i am absolutly _not_ familar with it ....
(me, I use mplayer)

greetz

nothing,
maybe I have a perfect signature _someday_

#3 2003-07-08 00:40:58

scottro
Website

This is actually mentioned in my page on Arch along with a bizpped copy of the library that you can download.

The page is at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/arch.html

HTH

Scott

#4 2003-07-08 01:29:20

apeiro
Daddy
Website

This is a continuing problem we have with prebuilt binaries...

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=766

#5 2003-07-08 01:48:50

scottro
Website

Apeiro, I remember you suggesting that before--this was awhile back, then I think the trouble was with Phoenix.  I tried it without success, but didn't investigate it very thoroughly as simply putting in the older library worked.  (In other words, it's entirely possible that I mistyped something, said the heck with it, and went back to my old method.)   

Scott

Board footer