Both 'divx4linux' (from current packages) and 'firebird' (firebird was a binary package from the mozilla webpage) both complain about libstdc++-libc6.6-2.so.3. I was wondering if there's any fix for this yet? I tried to recompile divx4linux, however it only comes in binary form, even from their website.
I'm attempting to use transcode, I get this error message:
[export_divx4.so] libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Trying Mozilla Firebird I get this:
./MozillaFirebird-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I checked around in this forum, and I attemped to make a symlink to another libstdc++, libstdc++.so.5.0.4, however it then complains about not having a symbol, which I expected since both of the applications were compiled against a newer version of libstdc++.
'nm -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.4 | grep -i gcc' presents data that looks like it's GCC 3.3 that's compiled, as does 'pacman -Q gcc' produces "gcc 3.3-1" which i believe is the newest one (pacman -Syu does not return any new packages.)
So, any clue what to do now?
this often happens with binary packages, this is beacause they are built in a different enviroment as u are work on...
maybe suse,redhat mandrake or so ...
best would be to recompile...
for mozilla firebird does a source package exist.... ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/incoming/firebird-0.6-3.tar.gz ... i built it, i should work fine even if u not recompile it ....
for divx4linux it will be a bit harder, because there is no source as far as i know, maybe anyone who used it has a idea about it because i am absolutly _not_ familar with it ....
(me, I use mplayer)
maybe I have a perfect signature _someday_
This is actually mentioned in my page on Arch along with a bizpped copy of the library that you can download.
The page is at
Apeiro, I remember you suggesting that before--this was awhile back, then I think the trouble was with Phoenix. I tried it without success, but didn't investigate it very thoroughly as simply putting in the older library worked. (In other words, it's entirely possible that I mistyped something, said the heck with it, and went back to my old method.)