You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-18 13:53:48

punkrockguy318
Website

Gnome icon theme

Gah, I must have been on IRC for a half hour asking this question while only getting answers on how to install an icon theme.  I know how to install an icon theme... but here's my question..

How do I get a launcher to USE the current icon theme?  I know I could individually set all my icons to /usr/share/icons/Wasp/whateverIneed.. but if I wanted to change icon themes, it would take forever.  I just want to set it to like  currentIconTheme->apps/webbrowser or something like that.  How do I do that?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#2 2004-09-18 16:03:32

punkrockguy318
Website

Re: Gnome icon theme

As an answer to my own quetsion... you edit the file.desktop with an editor.. and make it like this

Icon=StandardIconName

I believe freedesktop.org has icon theme standard names... just use one of those..
like web-broswer.png  or gaim.png etc

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#3 2004-09-19 09:55:51

The Katta

Re: Gnome icon theme

in .icons/default/index.theme write

[Icon Theme]
Inherits=Iconthemename

Board footer