You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-23 22:09:09

byteforscher

Cant get umtsmon working

Hi,

Im quite new to Arch and so far everything work smoothly. Today I tried to get my Option GE0201 3G card working with umtsmon from aur. But sadly its not working although the card is recognized and I can send sms and see the signal strengh.

First problem: After program start umtsmon complains about some missing binaries (sorry for the german dialog) and clicking the "correct" button doesnt help, just results in a "umtsmon coudn"t find binary *su which is required for full operation" message. What binaries are missing here?

umjx7.th.pngthpix.gif

Second problem: Ignoring this complaint and trying to connect pppd gives me the following error

/usr/sbin/pppd: unrecognized option 'replacedefaultroute'
pppd version 2.4.4
Usage: /usr/sbin/pppd [ options ], where options are:
<device>    Communicate over the named device
<speed>        Set the baud rate to <speed>
<loc>:<rem>    Set the local and/or remote interface IP
addresses.  Either one may be omitted.
asyncmap <n>    Set the desired async map to hex <n>
auth        Require authentication from peer
connect <p>     Invoke shell command <p> to set up the serial line
crtscts        Use hardware RTS/CTS flow control
defaultroute    Add default route through interface
file <f>    Take options from file <f>
modem        Use modem control lines
mru <n>        Set MRU value to <n> for negotiation
See pppd(8) for more options.

pppd seems not to provide replacedefaultroute in Arch. Even when I turn of the replacedefaultroute option in the profile setting I still get the same error message. I jused cant get rid of replacedefaultroute...

Does anybody have an idea what going wrong here? With my previous Ubuntu installation and using umtsmin 0.8.9 I never ran across these kind of problems.

Cheers
Felix

#2 2008-10-30 14:27:48

ijanos

Re: Cant get umtsmon working

The missing su binary is some kind of bug  since all arch system has su, and on my systems umtsmon works fine after ignoring this one.

Arch's pppd built wouthout the replacedefaultroute patch, so that one will not work, and you have to enable the default route option.

Board footer