You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-31 11:53:16

shazeal

Postfix virtual alias problem.

Hiyas,

I have a Postfix server up and running, everything is working fine apart from Aliasing. I have an alias setup in postfix admin for info@mydomain.com which should forward to x@mydomain.com and y@mydomain.com.
However postfix just returns the emails sent to info@mydomain.com.

postfix/virtual[4717]: 4020A878399: to=<info@mydomain.com>, relay=virtual, delay=0.11, delays=0.02/0.01/0/0.08, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "info@mydomain.com")

It appears postfix is looking for a real mailbox info@mydomain.com rather than just looking up the addresses that it is aliased to.

SELECT goto FROM alias WHERE address='info@mydomain.com'
SELECT maildir FROM mailbox WHERE username='info@mydomain.com'

The first select statement seems good, its looking up the goto which is x@mydomain.com. The second however is where its falling over as its looking for a maildir for an aliased user mad

Im not really sure where to go from here, Ive googled a hell of alot and cant find a thing. As I said above it all works fine when the mail is going to a real user.

Hoping someone has an idea, if you need any configs just ask.

Thanks.

#2 2008-11-05 11:11:16

shazeal

Re: Postfix virtual alias problem.

Nvm, I just gave up and created mailboxes instead of aliases and just setup the clients to pull in from multiple mailboxes. roll

#3 2008-11-05 18:58:18

remote

Re: Postfix virtual alias problem.

You could always put all xyz@yourdomain.com into a .forward in users /home/info/

Board footer