You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-28 00:39:29

Etuxia
Website

gnome-network-manager-svn fails

I was runing gnome-network-manager-svn on my eeepc and it worked perfecly smile

But then It came an upgrade and I was doomed.

When I try to start gnm-svn I just get this error:

etu@localhost:~$ nm-applet 

** (nm-applet:22060): WARNING **: <WARN>  applet_dbus_manager_start_service(): Could not acquire the NetworkManagerUserSettings service.   Message: 'Connection ":1.29" is not allowed to own the service "org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings" due to security policies in the configuration file'

There are two broken things, the first is: Why do I get localhost as hostname, my hostname is Slartibartfast
and the second one, my gnome-network-manager won't start, I read the confi

Im member of the network group, and It was working before the upgrade. And Im not ready to downgrade to gnm from archmirrors. The one from AUR is much better if you get it working.g and found noting wrong.

#2 2008-11-30 03:33:42

QuimaxW
Website

Re: gnome-network-manager-svn fails

I'm having the same issue once pacman updated to .7 from the testing repo. .6 was fine as a user, but .7 won't start unless it's run as root (or sudo).

I also have the localhost thing as well. I think (but can't prove) that my systems DNS lookup is working right either.

The nm-applet Connection not allowed to own seems to be some sort of dbus error. I changed all the 'deny' to 'allow' in sever dbus config files and it started working. I don't think it's really the secure way to go though...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

#3 2008-11-30 03:43:20

mutlu_inek

QuimaxW wrote:

The nm-applet Connection not allowed to own seems to be some sort of dbus error. I changed all the 'deny' to 'allow' in sever dbus config files and it started working. I don't think it's really the secure way to go though...

No, certainly not secure. Btw., nm 0.7 does not use the 'network' group any more, but relies on policykit instead. There seems to be some communication error due to the domain name change?

Edit: Yep, seems to be this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12136

Last edited by mutlu_inek (2008-11-30 04:10:33)

#4 2008-11-30 06:44:34

Etuxia
Website

I don't get it working with the patch I find in the bugs page.

And I realy don't have time for looking more. Having an conferance today.

Last edited by Etuxia (2008-11-30 06:49:34)

Board footer