You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-02 07:59:47

hungsonbk
Website

All mail sent from mailserver go to Bulk as Spam

Hi Archers,

I have setup a mail server and everything is fine, but the problem is that, all my emails sent to yahoo emails go to the Bulk. What can I do so that my email will go to the Inbox of the receivers?

Cheers

#2 2008-12-02 12:18:34

byte

Re: All mail sent from mailserver go to Bulk as Spam

Go to http://openrbl.org/ and check the blacklists.
Make sure that 'host IPofYourMailserver' matches the hostname and that it's the same hostname used in HELO/EHLO.

#3 2008-12-02 14:21:24

foutrelis
Developer
Website

hungsonbk wrote:

I have setup a mail server and everything is fine, but the problem is that, all my emails sent to yahoo emails go to the Bulk. What can I do so that my email will go to the Inbox of the receivers?

Make sure your mail server is properly secured and spam isn't being sent from it. If you can, implement DomainKeys (Yahoo uses this to verify the sender's identity), DKIM (similar to DomainKeys but newer) and publish SPF records for your domain.

Mind you, that I had all the above implemented and emails sent from my server were still marked as spam/junk by both Hotmail and Yahoo. Getting in contact with the respective companies (they both offer contact forms for these issues) solved the delivery problems I was experiencing. See the following link for Yahoo:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/p … defer.html

#4 2008-12-02 16:18:05

hungsonbk
Website

Thank Byte and Foutrelis, you information is realy helpful and I will try it out.:):):):)

Foutrelis, Can you send me the link to fill in the form with Hotmail? I also need to solve the problem with Hotmail. Thank in Advance.

Cheers

#5 2008-12-02 17:15:22

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Here's the contact form for MSN; take a look around their postmaster site as well. Also, don't hesitate to follow-up on their response emails (even those that look a bit too generic and contain suggestions/tips to follow) if you don't see any improvement.

#6 2008-12-09 02:22:11

hungsonbk
Website

Thank foutrelis. Your information is really helpful:):):):):)

Board footer