You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-27 18:28:52

darboues

wicd dont work SOLVED

Hi,

normaly wicd work fine:). I have installed wicd with the wiki page help.

After a rebooting and nothing upgraded wycd dont worck anymore!!!

I have trying to remove wicd and reinstalling. I use hal an kde4 also dbus is lauching from hal but i have trying to lauch dbus whith rc.conf but this dont solve the problem.

My arch linux is full upgrading and work fine in my laptop. I dont want to reinstalling network-manager.

when i trying to launch wicd-clent:

Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                       
  File "/usr/lib/wicd/wicd-client.py", line 50, in <module>                                                                                                         
    import wicd.gui as gui                                                                                                                                          
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/wicd/gui.py", line 2006, in <module>                                                                                       
    setup_dbus()                                                                                                                                                    
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/wicd/gui.py", line 174, in setup_dbus                                                                                      
    proxy_obj = bus.get_object("org.wicd.daemon", '/org/wicd/daemon')                                                                                               
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 244, in get_object                                                                                      
    follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)                                                                                                            
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 241, in __init__                                                                                    
    self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)                                                                                                        
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 183, in activate_name_owner                                                                             
    self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)                                                                                                                            
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 281, in start_service_by_name                                                                           
    'su', (bus_name, flags)))                                                                                                                                       
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 622, in call_blocking                                                                            
    message, timeout)                                                                                                                                               
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.wicd.daemon was not provided by any .service files

my rc.conf:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng hal @netfs @wicd @crond @cpufreq @alsa @fam @sensors @sshd @laptop-mode @samba @vmware @preload)

I have trying this:

/etc/rc.d/dbus stop
/etc/rc.d/wicd stop
/etc/rc.d/dbus start
/etc/rc.d/wicd start

and lanching wicd-client but this dont work

Help please, my english is very bad ok but i need help...
all that i have find in google is old...

Last edited by darboues (2009-01-28 03:45:51)

#2 2009-01-27 19:01:59

u_no_hu

Re: wicd dont work SOLVED

Which verion of wicd are you using? I just installed 1.5.8-1 and it worked fine.

/etc/dbus-1/system.d/wicd.conf  has

<!-- /etc/dbus-1/system.d/wicd.conf -->
<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
"http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
<busconfig>
        <policy user="root">
                <allow own="org.wicd.daemon"/>
                <allow send_destination="org.wicd.daemon"/>
                <allow send_interface="org.wicd.daemon"/>
        </policy>
        <policy at_console="true">
        </policy>
        <policy context="default">
                <allow own="org.wicd.daemon"/>
        </policy>
</busconfig>

Check if its there.

Don't be a HELP VAMPIRE. Please search before you ask.

Subscribe to The Arch Daily News.

#3 2009-01-27 19:06:40

darboues

I have the last version of wicd from arch: 1.5.8-1
And the wicd.conf from dbus is the same as your.
Wycd working normaly fine just today he are busy

Last edited by darboues (2009-01-27 19:15:31)

#4 2009-01-28 00:03:39

darboues

no bodoy have an idee???
I wait for reply but in this time i install networmanger...

#5 2009-01-28 03:44:41

darboues

Ok, I have finaly solved the problem. The problem was comming from the file:

/etc/wicd/manager-settings.conf

this file is making in real-time from wicd, amd whem i have making my reboot wicd dont have time vor editing the file...
I have commenting in line 4 my wlan interface "wlan0" and have dbus and wicd after that rebooting. and now all work fine smile
this dont was a problem white dbus.
Ok my english is very poor... do you have understanding something???
you can smile from my text...

#6 2009-01-28 04:11:32

u_no_hu

Edit: Nevermind.. Late smile

Last edited by u_no_hu (2009-01-28 04:12:13)

Don't be a HELP VAMPIRE. Please search before you ask.

Subscribe to The Arch Daily News.

Board footer