You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-03 00:24:04

awesome_welles

netgear wg111t wireless usb adapter cuts out

The device cuts out after 5 minutes or so from when the computer boots up. It flashes constantly when it is working fine (before it cuts out). Not the flash of data being transmitted but just a regular constant flash. I have installed the windows drivers in ndiswrapper. They are the 1.2 version drivers as the 2.0 and latest 2.1 drivers are exe files not a zip, the .inf files I used were the ones located in the "ndis5" folder of the zipped archive as the other ones didn't work. It's pretty annoying as you can imagine. It works perfeclt when it's working but as I said the device conks out after a short while. Couldn't find any info on my specific problem but others seem to have the same adapter working perfectly on their machines so maybe I did something wrong in setting it up which I need to rectify. The machine is not up to date (because the connection keeps dropping so I can't update it).

1385:4250

is the id lsusb gives me.

#2 2009-02-03 14:25:05

awesome_welles

Re: netgear wg111t wireless usb adapter cuts out

Update:

I have now managed to update the system and am using the latest driver but it is only one inf file netwg11t.inf as opposed to the older drivers which also had the athfmwdl.inf file. It works and persists through boots but still cuts out although this time the wlan0 remains up and the usb stick continues to flash but times out and won't connect to the router. When I reboot it is okay again. Anyone?

Board footer