You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-02 23:04:52

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

3 Startup "errors"/issues

I get the following output when I start X. The Conky related error is probably because I dont have the My Passport mounted at the time. I tried it with if_existing and with if_mounted, but those errors keep popping up every few seconds(conky update_interval). If there is a solution that it doesnt keep giving that error, it will be great.

The following 2 issues only happen at startup.

Can you tell me what the Alsa related "errors" are? I have no problems with sound as far as I know. Until now I just dumped the startup text to /dev/null and I didnt see all that, but I guess I finally came around and thought I should figure it out.

There is also a "Failed to load module record(module does not exist 0)" I do NOT have the module listed in my MODULES array at all.

The following is the output on startup

X.Org X Server 1.5.3
Release Date: 5 November 2008
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.27-ARCH i686 
Current Operating System: Linux arch 2.6.28-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jan 25 10:13:11 UTC 2009 i686
Build Date: 17 December 2008  08:20:05PM

Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Mon Feb  2 17:52:41 2009
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(EE) Failed to load module "record" (module does not exist, 0)
Conky: statfs '/media/My Passport': No such file or directory
Conky: forked to background, pid is 4303

Conky: desktop window (c1) is root window
Conky: window type - override
Conky: drawing to created window (0x600001)
Conky: drawing to double buffer
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1439:(_snd_pcm_direct_get_slave_ipc_offset) Unknown slave PCM 810
ALSA lib pcm.c:2202:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL real
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:947:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:947:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL softvol
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1439:(_snd_pcm_direct_get_slave_ipc_offset) Unknown slave PCM 810
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL duplex
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1439:(_snd_pcm_direct_get_slave_ipc_offset) Unknown s|ave PCM 810
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL dsp0

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Inxsible (2009-02-03 00:24:10)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#2 2009-02-02 23:12:28

biagio

Re: 3 Startup "errors"/issues

Inxsible wrote:

There is also a "Failed to load module record(module does not exist 0)" I do NOT have the module listed in my MODULES array at all.

In xorg.conf Section "Module", comment the line

#Load  "record"

#3 2009-02-03 00:25:45

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

biagio wrote:
Inxsible wrote:

In xorg.conf Section "Module", comment the line

#Load  "record"

That was simple enough !!! Thanks smile

Now for the other two .....

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#4 2009-02-03 11:07:27

biagio

It may seem a silly suggestion but try putting a @ before alsa in the rc.conf DAEMONS line.

#5 2009-02-03 14:28:48

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

biagio wrote:

It may seem a silly suggestion but try putting a @ before alsa in the rc.conf DAEMONS line.

Yup I have always had it started in the background. I start every daemon except the syslog-ng and iptables in the background

Forum Rules

Board footer