You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-11 20:52:54

yvonney

[Found Option] gFTP - need help adding self-signed cert to access site

UPDATE COMMENT:

I've made bunch of progress on generating ssl certs on the pc and also thru the site control panel.
I've got a bunch of infor that doesn't quite fit together yet as far as getting gFTP to be ok with the self-signed cert.... 

During all the above stuff I discovered that the SSH2 mode works as well for a bit of password protection/sensible stuff.

So, basically I'm just gonna let this one sit in my mind for a time and get to it later.
So, that... and unless someone has some:

self-signed certs with gFTP and hosted sites 'gotta know this, as it's not easy to figure out'  tip... all's cool for now.

thanks for reading...!

---------------- INITIAL POST BELOW --------
Hi...!

ok.... I could take days on this if I was unlucky I think.
Looked everywhere for revelant forum posting already.

1) need to access a hosted space that does allow creation of ssl cert

2) have created cert which is installed on the site accurately I'm quite sure.

3) using gftp it logs in then complains with the: Error with certificate at depth: 0

4) I have found /etc/ssl/certs which is filled with many many certs though they're links

5) I've done the rehash and update thing in console no problem though it's NOT finding the cert I created at all. I think.

6) I put the cert I created using a couple of different names and also tried by adding the extension .pem to the name.

7) the one I created is the ONLY one in there that's an actual file apparently. The others are all links to somewhere

Can someone rule out a couple of things here.

Where could I put this cert to have gftp actually find it?
Is there a naming convention that relates to what gFTP needs/is complaining about...

thank you!!!!!

Last edited by yvonney (2009-02-12 02:53:20)

Board footer