You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-02 03:43:58

jerik

Forced pacman, is that ok?

Hi, I got this from pacman

error: could not prepare transaction                                                                   
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)                                                
kdebase-runtime: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/128x128/apps/showfoto.png exists in filesystem                
kdebase-runtime: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/16x16/apps/showfoto.png exists in filesystem                  
kdebase-runtime: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/22x22/apps/showfoto.png exists in filesystem                  
kdebase-runtime: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/apps/showfoto.png exists in filesystem                  
kdebase-runtime: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/48x48/apps/showfoto.png exists in filesystem                  
kdebase-runtime: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/64x64/apps/showfoto.png exists in filesystem                  
kdebase-runtime: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/scalable/apps/showfoto.svgz exists in filesystem              
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

And I thougt it shoul be because I installed Digikam with yaourt, and pacman doesn't know that. So it looks like the newest KDE has iconsets for showphoto. Am I right, forcing this sould be ok??

#2 2009-03-02 04:42:05

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: Forced pacman, is that ok?

jerik wrote:

And I thougt it shoul be because I installed Digikam with yaourt, and pacman doesn't know that.

Just to be clear, pacman is very aware that you installed Digikam. You *built* Digicam with yaourt, but still installed it using pacman. They compliment each other, they're not mutually exclusive wink

Having said that, if your system is still working, I'd imagine that everything's OK. They're 'only' PNG files, so not likely to be conflicts like if they were shared libraries etc.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forums smile

Last edited by fukawi2 (2009-03-02 04:42:22)

#3 2009-03-02 10:11:07

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

You are always at risk forcing a pacman install (unless you really know what you are doing).
I made it a habit to always manually remove those offending files or, if I am not sure about them, move them to some backup folder from where they may be restored if necessary. Using Xterm and copy-and-paste, this is quickly done.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#4 2009-03-03 13:29:43

jerik

Hi there, ok thanks smile I think I turned out ok, but I'll remember what you said. I think by the way arch is a really nice distro. Seemes like I found the one I've been looking for.

Board footer