You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-07 04:19:31

beem0r

XFCE Problem

I just reinstalled Arch earlier today. I figured this time, I would give XFCE a go instead of my usual openbox setup.
Of course, there's been one major problem - none of my icons show up! They're all red X's.

Now I know what some of you are thinking right now. Yes, I already searched the forums and found a few related threads from the past few days. However, in these threads, the supposed 'fix' was to install either gnome-icon-theme or tango-icon-theme and select either Gnome or Tango from the XFCE Appearance->Icons menu. Unfortunately, this does NOT fix my problem. Using any of the icon sets, I do not see any icons.

The only significant difference I can see between myself and the other posters is that I installed from scratch, where they likely upgraded from the previous version.

One last related note - the taskbar buttons [hide, shade, maximize, close] on the default window manager theme are also not displayed. Changing styles fixed that issue, though.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
beem0r

We all wear masks, whether on our faces or over our hearts.

#2 2009-03-07 04:24:32

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: XFCE Problem

Check the .gtkrc-2.0 file in your home folder. Try setting it manually with any icon set that you currently have installed. If that works, its probably the xfce theme setter app (whatever it is that you are using) that could be at fault.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2009-03-07 04:46:04

beem0r

Inxsible wrote:

Check the .gtkrc-2.0 file in your home folder. Try setting it manually with any icon set that you currently have installed.

Just now tried setting it manually. All my ~/.gtkrc-2.0 has in it right now is

gtk-icon-theme-name="Tango"

That should work, no?

If that works, its probably the xfce theme setter app (whatever it is that you are using) that could be at fault.

Using xfce4-settings-manager, which comes with XFCE4.

hmm

We all wear masks, whether on our faces or over our hearts.

#4 2009-03-08 07:48:50

hermansen

try to install shared-mime-info smile

Board footer