You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-10 15:37:48

xjpvictor
Website

png problem

Hi,
I've got a problem with displaying .png format files. As a result, GDM and Gnome-panel cannot start. All .png files cannot be shown.
I've reinstalled libpng but it didn't help.
Is there anyone experiencing the same before?

Entschuldigung. Ich habe keine ahnung.
Secure with PGP: gpg --recv-keys 0x68b6e3d8
Fingerprint: 5556 517C F52F E402 DDF5 5400 6D30 F13E 68B6 E3D8
Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary

#2 2009-03-10 18:27:42

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: png problem

xjpvictor wrote:

Hi,
I've got a problem with displaying .png format files. As a result, GDM and Gnome-panel cannot start. All .png files cannot be shown.

I think you need to install libpng. I may be off on the name of the package. Do a pacman search for it and you should find it.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2009-03-10 23:20:56

Ranguvar

Inxsible wrote:
xjpvictor wrote:

Hi,

I think you need to install libpng. I may be off on the name of the package. Do a pacman search for it and you should find it.

Read what they said one more time wink

OP, we need more info. You're sure the problem is with PNG files? Can you display them at the console using fbi from the fbida package? When did this problem start? Any odd things you've done to your Arch box? Etc.

#4 2009-03-11 00:41:00

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Ranguvar wrote:
Inxsible wrote:
xjpvictor wrote:

Hi,

D'oh !!!

I replied while having my  lunch at work smile .

Note to self : Don't reply while having lunch !

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#5 2009-03-11 01:05:21

xjpvictor
Website

Ranguvar wrote:
Inxsible wrote:
xjpvictor wrote:

Hi,

OP, we need more info. You're sure the problem is with PNG files? Can you display them at the console using fbi from the fbida package? When did this problem start? Any odd things you've done to your Arch box? Etc.

I cannot display them at the console either. It says open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory. This happened when I tried to install gnochm and xchm. Then all the icon suddenly disappeared and the network manager pop up to say it cannot run.
I once experienced this before, at that time I was logging off and log in again and the problem came out. Very weired huh?

Last edited by xjpvictor (2009-03-11 05:22:27)

Entschuldigung. Ich habe keine ahnung.
Secure with PGP: gpg --recv-keys 0x68b6e3d8
Fingerprint: 5556 517C F52F E402 DDF5 5400 6D30 F13E 68B6 E3D8
Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary

Board footer