You are not logged in.
Just installed firefox-pgo (3.0.7) and it seems a lot faster at page display to me. anyone else having similar experiences?
let's just stick to firefox 3.0.7 vs 3.0.x (previous versions) here plz ![]()
of course the compile (through x11vnc from work) took a while (i add -2 to my packages):
==> Finished making: firefox-pgo 3.0.7-2 x86_64 (Tue Mar 10 13:21:55 CDT 2009)
real 41m0.538s
user 35m28.441s
sys 3m43.059s
"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"
Offline
It feels a lot faster, and it compiled a lot faster, it seemed. Well its on my repo if anyone wants a quick install for i686.
Archi686 User | Old Screenshots | Old .Configs
Vi veri universum vivus vici.
Offline
3.0.7 does feel faster to me, but that's mostly because 3.0.6 felt a lot slower.
Offline
I went from pgo 3.0.3 to pgo 3.0.7 the other day and I can't say I notice a difference.
Offline
I'm pretty sure it was mostly bug fixes and security patches...if they'd have changed the engine it would be 3.1
Firefox + Linux + 10 mbit connection is so fast anyways, I have no chance of seeing a speed difference.
Offline
I haven't noticed a speed difference either ![]()
There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !
Offline
3.0.7 does feel faster to me, but that's mostly because 3.0.6 felt a lot slower.
![]()
Offline
maybe it was waiting 40 mins for the compile to go through, made loading pages seem faster ![]()
but seriously, the [arch]forums have been lightning fast today
Last edited by toxygen (2009-03-11 01:56:08)
"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"
Offline
but seriously, the [arch]forums have been lightning fast today
Windows servers rock!
Offline
Windows servers rock!
They must've updated to server 2008 huh? ![]()
"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"
Offline