You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-12 06:39:31

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Xephyr

I am logged into dwm and started wmii under xephyr using the following commands:

Xephyr -ac -screen 1280x1024 -br -reset -terminate 2> /dev/null :1 &
export DISPLAY=:1.0
exec wmii

Now when I have Xephyr in focus, I try to start up dmenu under wmii, but the demnu starts up for my host WM - i.e. dwm. Is it possible to use shortcuts in a Xephyr window?

Another issue is that my arrow keys do not work under Xephyr. If I am editing something under Xephyr, I have to go to the exact location with a mouse and then use delete/backspace to change something. How would I go about using the arrow keys in Xephyr?

Thanks in advance.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#2 2009-03-12 08:44:09

HashBox

Re: Xephyr

I have the same probablem with the arrow keys and also the windows key doesn't work for me either. However with the dmenu issue, have you tried pressing Ctrl-shift to tell Xephyr to "capture" the keyboard? That might solve it.

#3 2009-03-12 17:16:22

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Xephyr

HashBox wrote:

I have the same probablem with the arrow keys and also the windows key doesn't work for me either. However with the dmenu issue, have you tried pressing Ctrl-shift to tell Xephyr to "capture" the keyboard? That might solve it.

Thanks Hashbox. It sure is a pain in the ass to edit anything while in Xephyr. And if the super key doesn't work, most of my shortcuts will not work since I have all of 'em use the super key. I will try out the Ctrl-Shift later tonight, and see if it works.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer