You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-14 20:43:15

Nazgulled

Use enabled network adapter between two available?

Hi,

I'm trying to use Arch as guest in VirtualBox but I'm having a few problems configuring the network as I want...

I normally connect to the internet, in the host, by wireless or ethernet cable. When I'm at home, I use the ethernet cable most of the time, sometimes wireless. When I'm at the university, I use wireless all the time. The idea is to have Arch use whatever connection is available at the time and if possible, switch between them if one is disconnect and the other connected or even if both are connected.

For this, I'm thinking I can add 2 adapters in VirtualBox. One for each NIC, ethernet and wireless. This should work...

Now, the problem is how to properly configure Arch for this. My Linux knowledge is not much, specially related to networking... I configured both interfaces (eth0 and eth1) to use dhcp but this does not work as I want. If one of the adapters is disabled or not connected, the boot process will take lot of time and one of the adapters will eventually "time out".

How can I properly configure this then?

P.S: I don't want to use NAT because it's giving me a few problems, the connection fails sometimes...

Last edited by Nazgulled (2009-03-14 21:29:43)

#2 2009-03-15 03:03:53

Nazgulled

Re: Use enabled network adapter between two available?

Can't anyone help out please?

#3 2009-03-16 15:11:33

Nazgulled

Re: Use enabled network adapter between two available?

Don't need this anymore...

Board footer