You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-11 16:37:54

deukalion

Mailserver with Postfix/Dovecot - NEED HELP!

Hello. This is my first post and I'm really desperate right now.

I'm trying to get a mailserver working.

I've followed this guide:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PostFix_Tutorial

The problem is, right now I can send mail to other mails etc my hotmail or my gmail but I can't recieve any mails. I know my ISP blocks port 25 so I've changed MY SMTP port to 2500. ALso I've opened upp the necessary ports on the router to my server but it still won't work. All I get is this in return:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 <deukalion@myserver.se>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied

I own a domain name and I've read a few of these POSTFIX guides and this is my DNS table (or similiar):

1              @             3600         MX     10 mail.myserver.se
2              @             3600         MX     10 smtp.myserver.se
3              www         3600         A       <my ipnumber>
4              smtp         3600         A       <the ip number of my isp's smtp relay host>
5              mail          3600         A       <my ipnumber>

Something worth saying is that I use that smtp relay that my ISP supplies me with and I have no problem "sending" mails through it. It was only when I activated relayhost= and added their SMTP Relay server that it worked to send mail from PHP/Apache etc.

Sometimes I send mail from my hotmail to my @myserver.se mail (myserver is just a fake name wink) and I don't get this "recipient address rejected: Access denied" stuff as if the mail is delivered but not fully interpreted on my server.

I've mailed the author of the Arch guide but I thought I'd post this here and probably on the Postfix boards or something.

First I just wanted to send system mail, but now I feel the need to get a few accounts on my domain up and running since they're probably needed in the future so.

/etc/postfix/virtual

I've tried these configurations in virtual

system@myserver.se system@localhost
deukalion@myserver.se deukalion@localhost

And changed with these:

system@myserver.se system@myserver.se
deukalion@myserver.se deukalion@myserver.se

Without any specific changes, I believe @localhost gave me more trouble sending the mail.

/etc/postfix/main.cf

All I've changed from the guide is this:

myhostname = mail.myserver.se
myorigin = myserver.se

relayhost = smtprelay1.myisp.com
also tried:
relayhost = smtp.myserver.se
(no luck there)

virtual_alias_domain = myserver.se

Still, though, I seem to be able to send from one of my mail accounts to the other, but only when I enable in /etc/postfix/virtual @localhost at the end instead of @myserver.se

Any help would be a appreciated!

It seems that the server won't allow the sending of the mails and therefor replies with a "access denied"

Last edited by deukalion (2009-04-11 16:40:09)

#2 2009-04-11 17:20:29

panecillo

Re: Mailserver with Postfix/Dovecot - NEED HELP!

deukalion wrote:

I know my ISP blocks port 25 so I've changed MY SMTP port to 2500.

If your ISP blocks port 25 then there is no solution to your problem. There is no way to tell other MTAs that your domain MX is on certain IP on port XXXX. If your port 25 is unreachable then you'll never receive mail on Postfix.

Maybe you should consider hosting your mailserver elsewhere...

#3 2009-04-11 18:27:09

deukalion

Re: Mailserver with Postfix/Dovecot - NEED HELP!

MY ISP blocks 25 but have a service that are used to relay mail if I have a mailserver myself.
I've read this on their own homesite.

And right now I can send mail from my hotmail to my domain name, but it's seems random, sometimes it gets delivered and sometimes I get a notification from my hotmail with the same error message. "Access denied"

Board footer