You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-16 01:02:09

sykotik

/var/lib/pacman/local problems

So don't ask how(cause I really don't know), but I restarted my computer last night after having an uptime of ~5 days.  When it started back up I get a bunch of X-server errors.  I track down the errors and find that some /var/ files are missing.  I 'cd' over to var and see that there isn't a thing in the folder.  So I really don't know how this happened(but obviously my fault), but I was wondering if there was anyway of regenerating the /var/lib/pacman/local files so pacman will recognize which packages are installed already?  or am I in trouble?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2004-11-16 15:02:24

xerxes2
Website

Re: /var/lib/pacman/local problems

I think you are in trouble,
maybe you can copy your brothers /var
it's a start and after that you can force the other upgrades,

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

#3 2004-11-16 16:24:17

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: /var/lib/pacman/local problems

sykotik wrote:

So don't ask how(cause I really don't know), but I restarted my computer last night after having an uptime of ~5 days.  When it started back up I get a bunch of X-server errors.  I track down the errors and find that some /var/ files are missing.  I 'cd' over to var and see that there isn't a thing in the folder.  So I really don't know how this happened(but obviously my fault), but I was wondering if there was anyway of regenerating the /var/lib/pacman/local files so pacman will recognize which packages are installed already?  or am I in trouble?

Thanks in advance.

I'd just grab an endpoint package - like mplayer... it should make sure to grab X and things like that - just force the installs - if a package fails to install due to existing files, you're on the right track lol

Board footer