You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-17 03:09:43

camphor

Another "conky flickers" thread

Hello again. Sorry for the recent spike in desktop questions from me, but I'm trying to get all of the kinks ironed out. Now that I've switched to xcompmgr, Conky seems to be flickering the screen each time it refreshes. Now this ranges from a few pixels - it's a very small script in the top and bottom right corners - to a sudden flash which will take up half of the screen. Does this come from running Conky with the own_window variable set? Just curious, as otherwise xcompmgr and it really don't get along..

This is my simple .conkyrc file, showing battery and music (if any) playing. Any suggestions would be helpful. Commented things were just little tests, and from what I've tried don't seem to be what's causing the problem.

background yes

draw_shades no

use_xft yes

update_interval 1

xftfont monospace-7

#draw_borders yes

#border_width 0

#border_margin 0

alignment top_right
#alignment right

gap_x 0

gap_y 0

double_buffer yes

own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type desktop
own_window_hints undecorated,above,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

#maximum_size 0 0
TEXT
${alignr}${color #39C9FF}${battery_percent BAT0}%

(long break here)

${alignr}${color #39C9FF}${font WenQuanYi Zenhei:size=8}${mpd_smart}${execi 10 cat /home/greg/.shell-fm/np}${font}

Last edited by camphor (2009-04-17 03:10:18)

#2 2009-04-17 12:06:56

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Another "conky flickers" thread

Think for a bit:

Conky = fake transparency support
Xcompmgr = real transparency

You think that's a match?

You also might want to try and click that search button on the top right, in between User list and Profile - heck, even a google search gave me this:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=42673

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer