You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 17:23:39

Lazer
Banned

djbdns/tinydns

Hey I was using djbdns/tinydns successfully, then one day I mentioned it stopped working at all. There aren't any errors, it simply doesn't work. I don't know what I did - maybe an update killed everything so I decided to reinstall djbdns. Luckily it's in the AUR since a few weeks so I decided to install it using yaourt - everything installed fine (except I had to out-comment one line in the PKGBUILD [the names.conf, there is no md5 hash given for it]) but it's still not working. I followed this guide (german!) to set up my records, last time it worked (Yes I changed the IPs for my needs!). This time not. (Maybe actually the reinstallation changed nothing, cause it still simply not working without giving me any errors.)

My /etc/tinydns/root/data looks like:

.local:192.168.103.188:a:259200
=*.local:192.168.103.188:86400

(I also had this in-addr.arpa in it and also tried an none-aliased hostname, still dnsip/dnsname gives an empty line.)

Help me I'm desperate with this!

#2 2009-04-19 23:42:47

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: djbdns/tinydns

I know there was a build bug in more recent versions of one of the libraries djb stuff uses. There is a patch for it somewhere. Not sure if that is the problem you are having or not. I think it is with errno or something..

Do you get any log output or error messages?

Not related, but an opinion: I have recently converted my authoritative dns to nsd. It seems to be working pretty well for me. Before I used bind, tinydns a few times, and even played with powerdns a bit. For recursing resolvers, I am still using named on restricted network segments..but have started looking at unbound. If you continue having issues with djbdns/tinydns you might want to start looking around again.

Last edited by cactus (2009-04-19 23:43:15)

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer