You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-24 17:13:26

jonathanbrickman0000

iSCSI target?

Is there a known-working procedure to set up an iSCSI target in current Arch Linux?

#2 2009-04-24 17:30:48

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: iSCSI target?

dunno what iscsi packages arch has offhand.
seems this is the project with the most steam behind it right now though: http://stgt.berlios.de/
It was picked up and included in RHEL-5.3 as the primary iscsi target provider...with the kernel space component already upstream.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2009-04-25 04:51:20

jonathanbrickman0000

I think there is no iSCSI package in current or even recent Arch or Slackware.  I did some research, and the straightforward installs of four? years ago, always with a custom-compiled kernel module, don't work on current kernels.  But that link you gave is a great one, it gives a userspace (application/service) iSCSI target, which compiled right away on my current Sabayon (which also has no distro-standard iSCSI package).  I'll try it on my Arch servers at work on Monday.

#4 2009-04-25 06:15:07

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

make sure to report back any success or failures, as I am very interested!
tongue

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer