You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-24 09:58:28

root_op

Help with Bluetooth and ipwraw-ng!

First i must say that Archlinux is by far _the_ best linux distro i have found so far, it's purely awesome and i love it! You've done a great job with it all of you who put time and effort to make this community grow and improving Arch!

I hope to contribute much more in the future since i see no reason to switch to another distro!

Anyway, my problems are these:

First of all, how do i use hci to connect to my cellphone? I'm using the newest OpenObex and bluez, not the GIT versio  though, but i can't seem to find anywhere to specify what PIN code to use, i've been using bash and terminals since a few years back so that's not the problem, all information i can find regarding this issue is for older versions of bluez where you use passkey-agent etc, but these tools doesn't seem to exist in the package distributed through pacman.

Next issue i have is of ipwraw-ng:
When trying to install from yaourt i get the same error messages as when i try to compile it from source:

/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c: In function 'ipw_queue_tx_free_tfd':
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:5974: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c: In function 'ipw_handle_data_packet':
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6441: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c: In function 'ipw_handle_promiscuous_tx':
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6504: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6509: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6514: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6522: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6526: error: 'IEEE80211_RADIOTAP_HDRLEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6526: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6526: error: for each function it appears in.)
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c: In function 'ipw_handle_promiscuous_rx':
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6618: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6623: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6628: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:6646: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c: In function 'tx_skb':
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:7507: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.c:7510: error: 'struct ieee80211_hdr' has no member named 'frame_ctl'
make[2]: *** [/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng/ipwraw.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/root_op/ipwraw-ng] Error 2
make: *** [modules] Error 2

I have installed the ucode in firmware directory etc, but i just can't seem to find any information regarding this issue.

I'm using a Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG.

Thank you all in advance!

#2 2009-04-27 23:45:10

koliasforever

Re: Help with Bluetooth and ipwraw-ng!

same problem here with ipwraw-ng. ipwraw-ng was working fine until pacman -Syu.  kernel 2.6.29

#3 2009-05-02 10:39:51

koliasforever

I downgraded to kernel 2.6.28 and solved the problem. the iwlwifi drivers are also capable of injection. you don't need ipwraw-ng.

#4 2009-05-03 15:53:52

root_op

koliasforever wrote:

he iwlwifi drivers are also capable of injection. you don't need ipwraw-ng.

really? And what approach do i take to use iwlwifi for injection? I allready got aircrack-ng installed and so far i have had no luck getting injection to work sad

I'll try to downgrade the kernel later tonigh and reply if it solves the problem or not. Thank you for your time!

#5 2009-05-03 18:18:31

koliasforever

have a look here. http://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php?topic=2898.0
i use intel 3945, and injection works. aireplay-ng -1 and aireplay-ng -4 attack works fine. I think there is a problem with intel 4965. the aireplay-ng -1 attack fails. im not sure. you better have a look at the link

#6 2009-05-12 11:00:58

root_op

Well well, seems like they have pushed one step forward to migrate regular IWL drivers to be injection friendly, Intel is no longer #1 in lousy WLAN cards tongue

Thank you for you information, just as you said the injection works with IWL3945 drivers, i even gott 25% better Data Rate then on my Atheros 5007EG card! yikes

Also, on my problem with the Bluetooth, it seems as Nokia made a misstake with the new Firmware for N85 wich prevents pairing on other channels then 7, so i'l just wait for a new update and we'll see then.

Thank you all for you effort! smile

Board footer