You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-22 17:36:49

Raffo

[SOLVED] Arch running in Virtualbox on a mac

Hi guys, I've some problem connecting to the internet via Arch running in virtualbox on a mac. I configured the /etc/resolv.conf file with dhcp and everything worked fine when i was connected (on os X) via an ethernet lan. The problem is that I need to be connected (on OS X) with a Vodafone Internet Key (HSDPA) that should share the connection with Virtualbox. On Ubuntu (running in virtualbox too) I don't need to do a thing, everything is ready to browse the web. When I try to do "ping www.yahoo.com" (on arch) it doesn't say a thing... Can you help me??[]

Last edited by Raffo (2009-05-26 20:06:44)

#2 2009-05-23 02:05:51

k_odoma

Re: [SOLVED] Arch running in Virtualbox on a mac

This may not help because it doesn't relate directly to using a Vodafone Internet Key but I suppose its worth a shot. I had a network problem with my Arch on Mac via Virtualbox install. I could connect via wi-fi at home no problem but if I tried to connect anywhere else, like the library or at a cafe, it wouldn't work. I fixed this problem by switching the "Attached to:" setting under Virtualbox's network settings to Bridged Adapter. Maybe you could try messing with those settings and see if it fixes the problem.

#3 2009-05-23 12:21:58

Raffo

First of all, thank you for the reply. Sadly, this doesn't help, just because virtualbox doesn't let me select the Internet Key as a valid interface for the bridged adapter, it shows only Airport and ethernet.

#4 2009-05-26 20:06:01

Raffo

I solved the problem just modifying the file "/etc/resolv.conf.head" with "nameserver 10.0.2.3" in order to let arch use the right DNS nameserver.

Board footer