You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-25 15:56:30

Vortex375

Cannot connect to "hidden wireless network" using nm-applet

Hi.

I have a wireless network at home whose SSID is not broadcast. I can connect to it using network manager, however there is a small problem:

1. I left-click on the nm-applet tray icon and select "Connect to Hidden Wireless Network..."

2. in the dialog that appears, I select the appropriate connection from the "Connection:" drop-down menu

3. I can't connect because everything except the "Cancel" button becomes disabled sad

(the connection is configured as "available for all users"; otherwise it would disconnect when I log out from KDE which is pretty bad for mounted network shares)

That's pretty annoying.

If I wait a few minutes, network-manager will eventually find the hidden wireless network on it's own and automatically connect to it. However, it's not possible to explicitly connect to this network before it has been discovered.

Using the policykit editor I granted myself access to org.freedesktop.network-manager-settings.system.modify ("Modify system connections"), but that didn't help actually. I couldn't find any other privilege-related setting for network-manager.

What can I do here?

Board footer