You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-10 08:20:23

martel

one interface for vpnc?

Haven't been able to find a solution to just this question I have, but maybe I don't know how to phrase the question.

In my laptop, I have a wireless and an ethernet interface. In one work location, I have to be connected to the wired network for most things, but we have a wireless network for connecting to a vpn (the client won't open the VPN ports ont heir wired network, so installed a wireless router specially for this).

Now, can I set my interfaces up in such a way that traffic fr the VPN goes over the wireless and all other traffic goes over the ethernet interface?  It seems to me like that should be simple enough to achieve,  but I'm just not clever enough to figure it out...

CM

#2 2009-06-10 09:05:22

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: one interface for vpnc?

Create the required routes using the route command - or the ip command, if you prefer. Both come with man pages, and are provided by the core packages net-tools and iproute2 respectively. You can also find plenty of relevant info on the net, of course.

#3 2009-06-10 09:23:34

martel

Hey, thanks, that's just what I needed!  And that 'net' thing - wow!

#4 2009-06-10 14:00:09

nogoma

Just for further info for people interested in this, a pretty good write up on configuring this stuff can be found here. It's a little off from the Arch setup (for example, I believe vpnc *does* modify /etc/resolv.conf on Arch), but covers most of what you'd want.

-nogoma
---
Code Happy, Code Ruby!
http://www.last.fm/user/nogoma/

Board footer