You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-20 14:37:14

frobelhof

Networking broke after pacman database was corrupted

Due to a power failure the pc was uncleanly stopped. After this pacman would fail when it tried to do conflict checking -> an endless loop of waiting and 100 % cpu load. As a last resolve I just erased  /var/lib/pacman/pkg (the place where pacman "remembers")
This would break updating for the short term but after while and the reinstallation of a few important packages the db would be restored I persumed.... Indeed pacman went and fetched the whole lot again when I did "pacman -S kdebase" After it was all dl-ed and installed things seemed to work well.

Except for networking... I have a router server connecting the lan to the world. I can from arch connect to this router server through ssh. The pc has its Ip address and when I type "route" the route is still defined as the server/router!

There is however no traffic beyond this server anymore....

I am really puzzled. This happened on a moment where I really needed internet access.... What could be the problem? All config files seem to be present...

#2 2004-12-20 14:37:54

frobelhof

Re: Networking broke after pacman database was corrupted

Oh, and while I'm at it: is there a command to restore pacmans database?

#3 2004-12-20 23:33:54

xerxes2
Website

Re: Networking broke after pacman database was corrupted

no, not what i know,
i think you need to reinstall your arch system, if you got broadband it won't take so long,

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

Board footer