You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-01 22:35:41

eldragon

after today's updates, openoffice fails to start.

it complains about a missing library (libjpeg.so)

downgrading the entire set of packages upgraded fixes it wink

i guess it needs a rebuild too, im holding these updates till more info is available...

#2 2009-07-01 22:39:30

rson451
Website

Re: after today's updates, openoffice fails to start.

See the arch-dev list about progress on this.  Allan suggested testing users hold off on updates for a bit unless you are prepared to deal with the issues.

archlinux - please read this and this — twice — then ask questions.
--
http://rsontech.net | http://github.com/rson

#3 2009-07-01 23:39:01

eldragon

rson451 wrote:

See the arch-dev list about progress on this.  Allan suggested testing users hold off on updates for a bit unless you are prepared to deal with the issues.

if you check my msg, you will notice i imply ive read the dev list.. im just pointing out another package that needs rebuilding... and since i dont have write access to the dev list, what other option i have than to point it in the testing subforum?

so there.

PS. and the msg got to the dev list after i had upgraded. not that i wouldnt have upgraded anyway...

#4 2009-07-02 02:01:00

Allan
Pacman
Website

eldragon wrote:

PS. and the msg got to the dev list after i had upgraded. not that i wouldnt have upgraded anyway...

Really, it sent this message more than an hour before I pushed the libjpeg builds and then you would have to wait for your mirror to sync...

#5 2009-07-02 02:15:31

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Perhaps he's doing 'daily digest'?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#6 2009-07-02 02:37:15

eldragon

ngoonee wrote:

Perhaps he's doing 'daily digest'?

no im not... anyway, not a big deal, after reading the mail (hadnt rebooted yet, and didnt need to use openoffice) i thought: oohh crap.. but damage was already done, if there was any problem arising, i would search for latest upgrades and downgrade like i usually do when stuff breaks... this time it actually helped since they were all linked as dependencies....

now im gonna wait till OO gets done...

Board footer