You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-11 13:09:41

king.flasher.dave
Website

Problems connecting with Vinagre to Remote Desktop

Hi community!

Well, I don't know if this has been covered yet (I couldn't find stuff in the forums relating to this topic), so I thought i might open a new topic to find people that have had the same problems as me.

For some weeks now (could be related to updates, of course as it's the latest version of Vinagre and Remote Desktop installed on my boxes) I'm experiencing this:

Every time I try to connect to a properly set up Remote Desktop (the standard Gnome VNC Server) with Vinagre (also standard I think) on Arch I get a short glimpse of the remote computer and then the connection is closed again. This is pretty annoying as the glimpse only takes around some milliseconds wink

I tried to narrow down the problem and at first I thought it was the Avahi Daemon not being started (that was an error message when i started Vinagre through the terminal), but after starting the service nothing changed... sad

Does anyone know what this could be related to? I'm really a bit confused, as this only happens with Vinagre. I tried to access my Remote Desktop with UltraVNC on Windows and that works quite well actually. Maybe downgrade?

Help is highly appreciated!

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.

Board footer