You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-16 22:21:50

Wintershade
Website

Compiling martian and martian-utils (Agere modem drivers) under x64?

Hello again. Yes I've seen that those packages are marked as i686 only, but we all know what makepkg tells us once we try to compile those. Furthermore, I've seen on the Ubuntu forums that it can be done. And I'm not leaving my x64 install (or any other OS installation that works fine) just because I need my analog dial-up
modem for 2 or 3 weeks every year big_smile

Anyway. When I try to compile martian-utils, I get a series of errors. The output looks like this:

==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting build()...
    CC    dumpers.o
    CC    log.o
    CC    main.o
    CC    session.o
    CC    mport.o
main.c: In function 'monitor_state':
main.c:698: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long int'
main.c:699: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long int'
main.c:700: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long int'
main.c:701: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long int'
main.c:702: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long int'
mport.c: In function 'mport_init':
mport.c:336: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    CC    pty.o
    CC    isr.o
    CC    sysdep.o
    CC    smp.o
isr.c: In function 'serve_interrupts':
isr.c:62: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    CC    link.o
    CC    tweakrelocsdynamic.o
tweakrelocsdynamic.c: In function 'tweak_areloc':
tweakrelocsdynamic.c:176: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
tweakrelocsdynamic.c:180: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
tweakrelocsdynamic.c:221: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
tweakrelocsdynamic.c: In function 'relocate_symbol':
tweakrelocsdynamic.c:303: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
tweakrelocsdynamic.c: In function 'locate_map_using_proc':
tweakrelocsdynamic.c:331: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
link.c: In function 'link_to_driver':
link.c:100: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
link.c:104: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
link.c:112: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    CC    coreadd.o
    CC    elf386tweakrelocs
    LD    marscore.o
ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386 (ltmdmobj.o) to format elf64-x86-64 (marscore.o) is not supported
make: *** [marscore.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
install: missing destination file operand after `/home/wintershade/Linux/modem/martian-utils/src/martian-full-20080625/modem/martian_modem'
Try `install --help' for more information.
PKGBUILD: line 22: /home/wintershade/Linux/modem/martian-utils/pkg/usr/sbin/martian_modem: No such file or directory
install: missing destination file operand after `/home/wintershade/Linux/modem/martian-utils/src/martian-full-20080625/modem/ASWMLICENSE'
Try `install --help' for more information.
PKGBUILD: line 26: /home/wintershade/Linux/modem/martian-utils/pkg/usr/share/licenses/martian-utils/LICENSE: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

I believe the first error here is

ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386 (ltmdmobj.o) to format elf64-x86-64 (marscore.o) is not supported

Anybody have any idea where I should start?

P.S. Coucouf on the Ubuntu forums claimed that one needs the packages libc6-i386 and libc6-dev-i386. However, I don't know which packages in 64-bit Arch these are.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Wintershade (2009-07-16 22:23:32)

Only the best is good enough.

Board footer